Thank you to everyone who came to our introductory meeting last Tuesday. We’re very excited about working with all of you in the coming year! This week’s meeting will be heavily focused on the conference, so if you would like to get involved, please come by!
- We will be having a meeting tomorrow, at 6PM in Buchanan B304. Hope to see you all there!
- This year our conference has been moved to September, and as such it is an excellent way for new members to get involved with UBC-UAEM, right away! The Fall 2013 Global Conference, is a collection of speakers, panels, and activities put together by UBC-UAEM as a way to educate, inform, and provide involvement opportunities to all people interested and concerned about the global health crisis. The conference will take place on September 28th, 2013 in Fred Kaiser 2020. Check out the event page for more information!
- Make sure to check out our Clubs Days Booth during Clubs Days, this Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, and/or send your friends by to check us out!
- Membership cards for 2013/14 are now available! Membership will be available at our meetings, and booth during Clubs Days, for 5$ and will provide free entry to all UBC-UAEM events throughout the year. Plus all members are super awesome, so make sure to sign up! :)
- As part of our conference we will be having student speakers coming and presenting 20×20 presentations. The presentation involves showing 20 slides and spending about 20 seconds on each, and is a great way to introduce and expose an audience to the presenters line of work or study. If you are interested, or know anyone who might be interested, send us a reply!