Welcome back to school, and welcome to a new year with UBC-UAEM. This year we’ve got even more events and opportunities planned, so drop by our meetings, check our Facebook and Twitter, and keep an eye out for our weekly updates!
- This year our conference has been moved to September, and as such it is an excellent way for new members to get involved with UBC-UAEM, right away! The Fall 2013 Global Conference, is a collection of speakers, panels, and activities put together by UBC-UAEM as a way to educate, inform, and provide involvement opportunities to all people interested and concerned about the global health crisis. The conference will take place on September 28th, 2013 in Fred Kaiser 2020. Check out theevent page for more information!
- Our first meeting has been set! UBC-UAEM will have an introductory meeting on Tuesday September 10th, at 6PM in Buchanan B304. Meetings will continue each week until the end of term. We urge all interested to attend!
- Make sure to check out our Clubs Days Booth during Clubs Days, September 17th, 19th, and 20th, and/or send your friends by to check us out!
- Membership cards for 2013/14 are now available! Membership will be available at our meetings, and booth during Clubs Days, for 5$ and will provide free entry to all UBC-UAEM events throughout the year. Plus all members are super awesome, so make sure to sign up! :)
- A note to all new members! If for some reason, you can’t join the Google Group, please send me a reply, and I’ll make sure to either fix the problem, or CC you in for all future emails. Because of this new members who have already accepted the group invite will be receiving this email twice, sorry!
- As part of our conference we will be having student speakers coming and presenting 20×20 presentations. The presentation involves showing 20 slides and spending about 20 seconds on each, and is a great way to introduce and expose an audience to the presenters line of work or study. If you are interested, or know anyone who might be interested, send us a reply!