A big thank you to everyone who has helped with the conference so far! With the conference coming up this Saturday, the efforts of each and every one of you has made sure that we are well prepared heading into the final stretch. However we do still need some last minute help, including putting up posters around campus, so if you’re interested, then please contact us.
- We will be having a meeting tonight, at 6PM, in Buchanan B304. We hope to see you all there!
- The Fall 2013 Global Conference, is a collection of speakers, panels, and activities put together by UBC-UAEM as a way to educate, inform, and provide involvement opportunities to all people interested and concerned about the global health crisis. The conference will take place on September 28th, 2013 in Fred Kaiser 2020. Check out the event page for more information! A reminder that registration is now FREE, so please sign up!
The UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Global Health Initiative (GHI) is holding their annual recruitment night for students of all years and all faculties who are looking to participate in global health projects over the coming year and next summer. This event will take place from 6:30pm – 9:00pm on Monday September 30th at the Medical Student & Alumni Centre (2750 Heather Street, Vancouver). If you wish to attend the event, please RSVP using the link below by Wednesday September 25th: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o_AyUQHaxDCETZgz-au5uZtxOmH2cVAX7kw6OkCxAic/viewform. For more information about the GHI and global health projects available within the Faculty of Medicine, please visit the GHI website at www.globalhealth.med.ubc.ca.
- Membership cards for 2013/14 are now available! Membership will be available at our meetings, and booth during Clubs Days, for 5$ and will provide free entry to all UBC-UAEM social events throughout the year. Plus all members are super awesome, so make sure to sign up! :)
- As part of our conference we will be having student speakers coming and presenting 20×20 presentations. The presentation involves showing 20 slides and spending about 20 seconds on each, and is a great way to introduce and expose an audience to the presenters line of work or study. If you are interested, or know anyone who might be interested, send us a reply!
- As mentioned above, we still need help with conference details including postering, minor organization, and setting up on the day of. If you would be interested please reply to this message! Thank you!