Date: Saturday September 27, 2008
Time: 9:30am – 2:00pm
Place: 2750 Heather St. (at 12th Avenue), Vancouver, BC
This annual event provides a comprehensive introduction to crucial global health topics such as drug development, patenting, and access to treatment, whether you’d like to get involved, or are simply interested in learning more about these important issues.
presented by Goldis Chami
presented by Eugene Wang
presented by Shannon Turvey
presented by Cecily Morgan-Jonker
presented by Shahla Yekta
presented by Stephanie Gatto
- Philadelphia Consensus Statement (sign on here)
- Chokshi D. Improving Access to Medicines in Poor Countries: The Role of Universities. PLoS Medicine. 3(6):723-726. June 2006.
- UBC University-Industry Liaison Office. A Global Perspective on the Impact of UBC Technologies. [Retrieved from here on September 25, 2008.]
- Annandale R. Idea #5: Cheap Meds for the World’s Poor. The Tyee. December 27, 2007.
- How to get involved
- Thank you very much to the Canadian Federation of Medical Students for their support of this event, which allowed us to include students from across Canada.